1 Parents Love It!
570 Ocean Blvd
Rye , NH 03870-2104
HOURS: Monday: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Tuesday: 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Wednesday: 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Thursday: 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Friday: 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Saturday: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Sunday: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
CALL: (603) 436-8043
EMAIL(firstname.lastname@example.org) | |
Founded in 1992, the Seacoast Science Center is a non-profit marine science education organization located in historic Odiorne Point State Park, right on the New Hampshire coast. Ocean education is what we do. Each year, our programs and exhibits teach 80,000 people, from toddlers to grandparents, about why a healthy ocean matters. We want everyone to understand that what they do every day influences ocean health and ocean health impacts their daily lives. Since 2007, we have completed two $1 million NOAA-funded capital improvements and expansion projects. In 2009 we opened our largest permanent exhibit, Tofu: The Journey of a Humpback Whale, using Tofu’s 32-foot skeleton and life story to interpret whale ecology in the Gulf of Maine. The exhibit was expanded in 2012, making it the largest public display of marine mammal skeletons in northern New England. In 2010, NBC’s TODAY Show recognized us as a Lend a Hand TODAY recipient: the only environmental education institution chosen that year. In 2014 we launched our Marine Mammal Rescue program to protect all marine mammals that haul out or strand on New Hampshire’s coast. The Center is open throughout the year, has a year-round crew of 20, and 1,400 member families from 20 states.
We educate to motivate with:
- Educational programs and environmental day camps for children, age 1 to 8th grade
- Family learning experiences with Evenings at the Seacoast Science Center and eco-adventure travel
- School programs that range from in-the-field and at-school, to after school
- Distance learning and video conferencing from our Gregg Interactive Learning Studio
- Aquariums that represent habitats from tide pools to the deep sea
- Fun and educational community events including our annual Music-by-the-Sea summer concerts,
- Rescue Run and Earth Day Celebration, Sippin’ for Seals fundraiser, and dawn-to-dusk BioBlitz!.